Jump to content


  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Personal Information

  • 3D printer
    Other 3D printer

Splatman's Achievements



  1. I have watched this video to find out how to add a Pause At Height script to the g-code. When I go do the same, about ⅔ of the settings and options shown in the video are missing. Were they removed from later versions of Cura? Using what is available has no effect, at least not that I have observed.
  2. The slicer might be treating the face as a solid, unbroken surface. See if drawing lines connecting the letters to each other and to the edges will solve the issue. I've had the same problem with files created in Sketchup, so it might be the same here.
  3. The skewing turned out to be a loose screw on said wheel, that got increasingly loose, allowing the hotend to sag, producing the skewed effect. I tightened said screw, and ran a successful print. There's the skewed result: The white layer on the bottom is leftover sample PLA that came with my Ender-3. It's the same PLA I used for the (unsuccessful) print in the first post. Here's the successful one: I got creative with the 2 colors of PLA that I have. Lime Green and Purple from Matterhackers.
  4. Found out what was probably the problem: The wheels were too tight. I adjusted their tightness to deal with the 'wiggles', and that seems to have solved the other problem. Now off to deal with a new problem: Each layer shifted by a bit less than their height, causing the entire print to be skewed front-to-back.
  5. I have printed this pentagon frame on my Ender-3 Pro. There is distortion that does not seem to be simple X or Y miscalibration. In the picture, you can see that the outer parts of the frame have varying widths, same goes for the inner diagonals. The vertical direction is the X axis. Problems I have already found solutions for: The "wobbles" in the rightmost part of the frame, I have learned, are due to flat spots on the Y wheels. The 2 holes in the drawing not appearing in the print are due to being surrounded by an unbroken surface in the model. I forgot about that during the modeling phase. My first iteration (not shown) included completely unbroken top and bottom surfaces, which would have resulted in a solid pentagon shape. CE3PRO_pentagon2.gcode
  6. Hi everyone. My name is Scott. My printer: Ender-3 Pro. A bit about myself: Self-employed. I build and sell wooden Platonic Solids. https://www.etsy.com/shop/PlatonicWoodworks I'm also expanding my offerings. I live in Key Peninsula, Washington. I bought said printer to make patterns for cutting pentagons, as well as other shapes, so I can also build Catalan and Archimedean solids. But it will not end there. I will sure find other uses. My business was just the prime motivator for the purchase.
  • Create New...