Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Zephir

Material not comming out

Hi,

I have been using my ultimaker 2 3D printer for a few months but now it is starting to glitch...

The material from the nozzle barely comes out and I can't manage to print anything. I've tried the atomic method and more but I still haven't manage to get it work.

Does anybody have a solution to this problem?

Thx,

Zephir

Might be time to replace the PTFE coupler (the little white piece at the end of the bowden tube in the head).

Well,

I have been trying to get some filament come out from the nozzle directly, with the nozzle detached from the UM2... So it doesn't come from the bowden tube...

Any help with that?

After you've performed a few atomics, can you see light through the nozzle?

Also, you say that you're trying to push filament through with the nozzle detached from the UM2. Whenever I've tried that it doesn't really work as the filament melts and spills over the sides rather than going into the nozzle.

How about temperature. If you do "Maintenance -> Advanced -> Heat up nozzle" and observe the temp as it goes up, does it look like it's rising normally? When you're at printing temp and touch some filament to the side of the nozzle, does it melt?

Is the third fan working?

Yes:

- I can see a tiny bit of light.

- The temp rises normally: about 5 celcius a second.

- The filament does melt when I touch it.

PS: the material does come out but twice a slow as usual, even it I increase the material flow.