Start/End Gcode for UM2

Nicolinux

Posted · Start/End Gcode for UM2

Hi,

I'd like to start using OctoPrint again and since UltiCode will not be supported, I want to re-activate the start/end gcode discussion. If anyone got it right, please post your settings.

Meanwhile here are the latest posts about it:

Two things I miss about UltiCode and that is the abbility to pre-define the temperature and fan speed because I am using an alternative fan bracket which is better than the original and needs only 60% fan speed. Setting the temperature is just lazyness (or convenience) since I could wait until the heated comes close to the target temperature and the hotend starts to heat up (that's the point when the hotend temperature should be manually set). But I don't always want to hang around a few minutes until that happens. The UM2 is reliable/repetable enough to hit print and go.

• Like 3

Well, you could leave the temp setting and the fan speed out of the start gcode in cura and then put them in the "start job" gcode in octoprint. Then you can adjust the gcode scripts in octoprint directly for each job. And then, if that works, a plugin writer could come along and make it easy to have start gcode selectable per job.

Here's the start code I use for UM2 on simplify3D, but can obviously also be used in Cura when you want to use RepRap (marlin/sprinter) i.s.o. UtiGcode.

I start the priming in the front-middle due to my 2head setup, so you probalby want to change to front-left.

G28 ; home all axesG1 X110 Y45 F3000 ; bring extruder to the frontG92 E0 ; zero the extruded lengthG1 Z30 ; lowerG1 E50 F225 ; purge nozzle with 50mm of filamentG1 X80 Y60 F3000 ; move aside of the puddle of primed plasticG92 E0 ; zero the extruded length again

and the end code

G28  ; home allM104 S0 ; turn off heatersM140 S0 ; turn off bedM84 ; disable motors

• Like 2

Thanks.

Yes, front left ist especially clever because the purged filament might catch on the metal clip which in turn decreases the chance it will follow the nozzle and ruin the first layer.

• 11 months later...

I've just started using S3D on my UM2. Can't thank you enough for posting your start code. The start code for the UM2 that came with the default set up for the Ultimaker2 Extended left a lot to be desired . . .

Purchased 2 Ultimaker2 Extended at the end of last year (after a 5 day, less than satisfying experience, with an Airwolf AXIOM) to augment my 17+ years of SolidWorks design work.

Starting to get the hang of it. S3D has some excellent features, but needless to say the learning curve is a bit steeper than Cura!

Thanks again . . .

• 8 months later...

What end code would I use in addition with

G28 ; home all

M104 S0 ; turn off heaters

M140 S0 ; turn off bed

M84 ; disable motors

to also lower the um2+ buildplate, and switch off the fans once the nozzle has cooled down after a print?

I am using simplyfy3D, octoprint and um2+