Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
brentwerder

Electronics Problems on Ultimaker Original +

Hello,

This is my first post on the Ultimaker community (hi everyone!), after just receiving my Original Plus, which has been awesome to build - it was more fun, challenging, and rewarding than I ever imagined!  But, after just completing the extruder, I tried to do the circuitboard, but it's only been giving me headaches.

I have the board attached to the bottom of the machine, and I have all the wires strung through the cable guides/ducts and underneath the bottom panel.  It should be easy from here on out (the guide talks about how you just have to plug wires in and screw them in), but 1) the guide is AWFUL with describing this part, and 2) it's either talking about a different board than mine, or the pictures suck.  It says to attach them in the part that says Heater 1 and screw it in, but there are no screws there.  There are just some orange tabs that I can push down - nothing else.

Are there any screws I need to manually add into the board before doing this?  The guide says nothing about this - it describes it as if there are already screws in the circuitboard.

Please help me with this - I can't wait to get printing with this awesome machine.  Hopefully, after I get this figured out, the machine lives up to the $1400 bucks I paid for it!

Thanks for the help,

-Brent

[EDIT: I've already seen a topic like mine around, but the responses didn't help - I had a different board than the other people that posted. Just thought I'd start a new one!]

UltimakerProblem1.1.thumb.jpg.e89483b221ffe8d5b0fbbee1224e82c2.jpg

UltimakerProblem1.2.thumb.jpg.23545b7f79af657797df620fff35c33e.jpg

UltimakerProblem1.3.thumb.jpg.ee87ffaa90e9af258148a2aae8f228e3.jpg

UltimakerProblem1.1.thumb.jpg.e89483b221ffe8d5b0fbbee1224e82c2.jpg

UltimakerProblem1.2.thumb.jpg.23545b7f79af657797df620fff35c33e.jpg

UltimakerProblem1.3.thumb.jpg.ee87ffaa90e9af258148a2aae8f228e3.jpg

Edited by Guest

Okay reading around - I'm not sure - but I think you push down on those orange parts with a screwdriver against a spring. Then slide in the wire and release.

edit: original poster confirmed this works (see his post below).

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1