Can Someone Print This for me?

Posted · Can Someone Print This for me?

I was really interested in purchasing a Ultimaker 2, but I will mostly be printing things like the file included. I would like a sample to see if the Ultimaker can handle something like this.

I would like the pushed in parts white, and the popped out parts black, as well as the outside. This Would Really Help me!

Thanks!

Link to .stl Download: http://www.megafileupload.com/d3N1/Monstercat3DModel.stl

Posted (edited) · Can Someone Print This for me?

You might want to get a laser cutter instead.  This is trivial to print on a standard FDM printer like the Ultimaker printers.  Assuming it is a reasonable size (say 3cm to 20cm wide - you didn't say what country you are in - please update that in your profile settings location field).

The only tricky part is the color change - I would probably print this as 3 different "parts" - the bottom and top black parts and a layer of white in the middle (like a sandwhich) but with no "shell" on that middle layer.  This can be done by printing 3 separate parts and doing some editing of the gcode file results or you can put pauses in the print maybe and change filaments at the pauses (never tried this on UM2 - not sure if that will work).  You could make a tiny plugin that does the gcode editing also if you are doing hundreds of different designs.

Much easier would be to make it in separate parts that snap together.

Here's something I printed on my UM2:

DSC_2035.thumb.JPG.5511b094b4af5ed6c0e4ef8e970099bc.JPG

DSC_2035.thumb.JPG.5511b094b4af5ed6c0e4ef8e970099bc.JPG

Edited by Guest