Duplicate parts / model in Cura

francoisba

Posted · Duplicate parts / model in Cura

Hello everyone,

I'm starting this new topic to ask a question, as I didn't find anything about «duplicate» or «copy paste» in the results.

If after reading my question, you know where is the answer (if it already existed), please, let me know !

The question is pretty simple, I can't find an easy way (like copy/paste, or press "alt" when dragging a model) to duplicate my model in Cura.

Just to be clear (because my english is not perfect) after importing a model, how can I duplicate it five times (for example) without re-importing it ?

Thank you very much for your help !

François

• Like 1

Ok, well……… I'm a little ashamed !

I can't believe I didn't see it

Thank you very much ;)

No worries, the answer is always obvious, once it is known. From a programmer's perspective, ever since Microsoft (and others that followed) added the Right Click as a way to access local properties and methods to an object, the R-Click should always be your first go-to possible solution to any question regarding what can 'this' object do, or what property can I change about 'this' object. ;-) The right click is the most powerful tool, IMHO, we have to interact with our OS and it's integrated into every Window... just about. But, then again, you knew that didn't you. lol

• Like 3

• 5 years later...

Years later I know, but his question about something so basic is exactly why I'm reading the solution. Nobody should ever feel ashamed, or even daunted, by asking positive questions. 

• Like 2

• 3 years later...
Posted (edited) · Duplicate parts / model in Cura

Hi all and happy new year 2024!,

In addition on the same subject, It is possible to make a .gcode file with Cura of a multiplied copy of a single object but where the printer build one by one (not all in one time by layer)  at different places with the necessary space to prevent collision with 3d printing nozzle ?

I want this because when the nozzle go to ne next copy of object 1) that's a trashed time and 2) this causes burrs to appear on the surface of the object (i know we can reduce this by parameters but that's never 100% effective).

Thank's for your attention.

Edited by scalion

6 minutes ago, scalion said:

In addition on the same subject, It is possible to make a .gcode file with Cura of a multiplied copy of a single object but where the printer build one by one (not all in one time by layer)  at different places with the necessary space to prevent collision with 3d printing nozzle ?

I want this because when the nozzle go to ne next copy of object 1) that's a trashed time and 2) this causes burrs to appear on the surface of the object.

Sure you can! Just go to Special Modes and set Print Sequence to One at a Time.

That'll show you bounding areas around each object of where the print head will be so you can make sure they don't overlap.

Just make sure the print head size is set correctly for your printer. It'll also lower the maximum height you can print to your printer's gantry (if applicable) so that doesn't knock anything over.

Edited by Slashee_the_Cow
    • Like 1

Wow, thank you for this super-fast response!
    Actually I hadn't seen that because my "Print Setting" was in "Basic" mode, I clicked on "All" and there I saw it!
    Thanks thanks !
    I'm going to test this right away..

EDIT : Yes that's work ! Again thanks !printedpiece3d.png.8d3a774bff5754c180ead323c2172543.png

Edited by scalion
    i testes it and return a report