Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
hafoora

Feeder motor not alligned

Hi,

I had to disassemble the feeder motor and reassembled it back. The feeder motor does not seem alligned perpendicular to the machine now and when I try to load material the material does not go up through the hole. I have to try loading the material several times before it goes through the hole to the bowden.

How do I make sure that the feeder motor is aligned perpendicular to the machine when assembling? I beleive it is also causing the jams im experiencing.

• Like 1

There's a nut in a bad location on the inside of the printer that can interfere with the motor. You can remove it and file it down a bit, or simply remove it (the machine should hold together fine without it I think).

Where exactly does the filament get caught up? Is it just before it enters the bowden tube? If that's the case it could be that the end of the bowden tube has become damaged and become bent inwards.

Also, it's always a good idea to cut the filament at an angle so that it's pointy to make it easier for the machine to load it.