Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Rainer

UM 2 - Disable broken Heated Bed after ERROR STOPPED Temp sensor BED?

Hi,

I have some problems with my heated bed on UM2- after several attempts it ended with an absolut crash: When switching the UM2 on, I get the errormessage right from the start. A new heated bed is on it's way, but until it arrives I would like to print at least with PLA. How can I make believe that there is no heated bed- I've unplugged the connections but that was not enough... Is there any firmware without heated Bed support??? CURA allows to switch the bed off, but that doesn't change the firmware...

Anybody out there???

Rainer

First of all this is extremely to fix on your own if you know how to solder - it's usually the little pads at the connector or a loose screw on those smaller wires (the pt100). You can alternatively somehow get around 108 ohms (higher is fine but stay under 200 ohms) across the leads going out to the temp sensor. For example use aligator clips.

Hello GR5,

thank you for your quick answer! unfortunately I am not an artist at soldering ;-) and as I wrote: a new heated bed may be here on Monday. What I tried to achieve was a kind of shortcut for the weekend. A software solution for switching off the bed completely, so that I can print with the UM2 with PLA. Some kind of detour around the errormessage. But thank you for your hints- I will find someone to solder the parts, if the substitute isn't here on monday.

I figured. Changing the firmware to ignore the heated is likely a much larger task - and I'm a software guy so I usually go for the software solutions but not in this case.

You don't actually have to solder anything - just reheat the existing solder. But you need a good quality soldering iron and a small amount of experience.