Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
thobre

Some kind of clog

Hi everybody,

I'd like to ask you for your help in solving something I've been struggling with.

Clog.thumb.jpg.e2f0548af0aa6330f903fa210cd34a59.jpg

Am I right to assume that there's some sort of leak between the peak and the brass pipe. Because it sort of looks normal at the tip then it just stretches which is also normal but then there's a big plug where it looks like it oozes between two parts.

Clog2.thumb.JPG.0176959b899b03344b7c1fc40e7c7a12.JPG

So my question is: Am I right in assuming I should check if the seal is good between the peak and the brass tube or could it be between the brass tube and the nozzle as well? Or is it something entirely different? Has anybody had the same problem, and how did you fix it

BTW

I've noticed the bite marks from the extruder, I'll deal with that as well.

Thanks very much,

Thomas

Clog.thumb.jpg.e2f0548af0aa6330f903fa210cd34a59.jpg

Clog2.thumb.JPG.0176959b899b03344b7c1fc40e7c7a12.JPG

It could very well be a deformed PTFE coupler. I had to replace mine twice in two years sofar (UMO, lots of metalfill prints). On a deformed coupler, the hole is no longer cylindrical, but theres a (slightly) widened cavity near the bottom. If you run a screwdriver through it (once it is out of the machine), you can feel it "catch".

I wish UM sold these couplers much more cheaply and in 10-packs, so I would be set for a while.

Hi,

Sorry forgot to add this is about an Ultimaker original. I've replaced the whole hot end. I don't think it has a PTFE coupler but it could be the teflon tube I guess?

Thanks anyway

I agree with ahoeben, the PTFE isolator is probably deformed. This is mine that has just started to fail. mPDmNOj.jpg

This rendering shows how the path through the hot-end should be one smooth path down to the tip. 6KInvU7.jpg