3D CAD files for the Ultimaker 2 Extendes

Vandergen

Posted · 3D CAD files for the Ultimaker 2 Extendes

Hello folks! I am a long time designer, but new to Ultimaker and I am excited to add to this community.

First working on modifications to reduce draft, does anyone have a CAD model of the Ultimaker 2 Extended? At a minimum, all that is necessary are the six panels of the UM2 Extended and the UM2 model can be updated :)

Posted (edited) · 3D CAD files for the Ultimaker 2 Extendes

To make an extended  out of an um2 you also need a new z-screw / stepper & axis. Also extend some wires. But it should not be hard to do. I believe um policy  is to publish the drawings 6 months after release  of a machine... so that should be soon.. did you ask them?

Otherwise it should be easy to adapt the um2 stepfiles... if you do it yourself my tip would be to lower the position of the spool holder  (keep it same hight to ground as on UM2.  Not the hight as on extended).

Edited by Guest
    • Like 1

To make an extended  out of an um2 you also need a new z-screw / stepper & axis. Also extend some wires. But it should not be hard to do. I believe um policy  is to publish the drawings 6 months after release  of a machine... so that should be soon.. did you ask them?

Otherwise it should be easy to adapt the um2 stepfiles... if you do it yourself my tip would be to lower the position of the spool holder  (keep it same hight to ground as on UM2.  Not the hight as on extended).

Thank you ultiarjan, I didn't know about the 6 month idle period and I have reached out to Ultimaker to obtain some of the cad files early. I will keep this thread updated with any new information.

Good Idea on lowering the filament spool and I will probably add a filament guide for those long prints.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am recovering! ;)

I asked and am told that around mid Oktober the files will be available.

Originally I thought it would be earlier, but the rule of thumb is that the files will be released 6 months after the first units are being shipped out, which was in fact in May. Hence, the files will be uploaded in github in Oktober.

• Like 2