No option for Custom Printers any more?

bdurack

Posted · No option for Custom Printers any more?

Hi!

I have just installed the latest version of cura (I had to reinstall windows... long story!) and in going through set up... there no longer seems to be an option for a custom printer (I have a reprap prusa i3)?? I have been using Cura for a while and have loved using cura! Is there any reason why the custom option has been removed?

Posted · No option for Custom Printers any more?

It's temporary. This is a total rewrite of Cura and isn't quite done - lots of other (less used) features. Several custom printers have already been created and checked into the source tree but there hasn't been a build yet with those printers in it (although you can download them). The way to customize to a given is much better now and has more features. So you might want to stick with the older version of Cura for a few more months and keep checking back. Or you could figure out how the customization works - it's talked about here on the forums.