First Layers problems (thin, not stick, etc) - Tried several solutions without success.

nowy-plastik

Posted (edited) · First Layers problems (thin, not stick, etc) - Tried several solutions without success.

Hello guys, you probably heard about this problem, pleasee see picture:

As you can see the first layers are very thin and unstick.

2015-08-06-2005.thumb.jpg.fd61af74b8857da5a5afcd212a2ccdcf.jpg

I tried:

-Print a default part (A part with CURA setting that used to print perfect)

-Clean the bedplate.

-Adjust the bedplate (many times with many techniques)

-Clean the nozzle (Athomic Bob, and I also dissassembled the whole thing and put the nozzle into a oven at 400 *C - I can see light through the nozzle)

-Tried with different filament (Original Ultimaker PLA and GlowFill Colorfabb)

Points to consider:

1-I used to have this problem, but I solved it adjusting the bedplate + Athomic Bob.

2-The problem is worst and more likely with Glowfill PLA than others.

3-My nozzle is a bit flattener (because of Glowfill abrasive nature).

2015-08-06-2006.thumb.jpg.90e692062577367826b833d0541d2558.jpg

Tomorrow I will Try:

-Try with a complete new filament.

-Repleace the nozzle kit.

Any advice will be apreciated.

Kind regards.

EDIT:

SOLVED THE PROBLEM repleacing the PTFE insulator and NOZZLE.

I also adjusted the height bethween the PTFE and Isolator in 1mm.

Now is printing like the first day, I will try to find the Olsson Block, I would like to try the colorfabb XT which according to the supplier is also abrasive.

Regards

Edited by Guest

Posted · First Layers problems (thin, not stick, etc) - Tried several solutions without success.

What did you clean the bed with? Make sure you use achohol and don't touch the glass.

Is you temp to low. If it's not hot enough it acts like a gewy rubber band and pulls off.

Check initial layer height. Make sure it's not to low or high. 0.3 is default

Check to see if you feeder is slipping.

Posted (edited) · First Layers problems (thin, not stick, etc) - Tried several solutions without success.

I think your point 3 is very important and might be the main reason for your issue. I recommend a replacement with an Olsson Block. Then you might consider the usage of a stainless steel nozzle for the glowfil filament. And, as @labern pointed out, make sure the bed surface is clean.

Edited by Guest

• 1 month later...
    Posted · First Layers problems (thin, not stick, etc) - Tried several solutions without success.

You can also print on a cold table PLA and similar materials.

The first layer need not be perfectly adhere to the table and does not need to be closed door.

Simply use glue to 3D printing PROGLU3D PLA-cold, the adhesive solves most of the problems of deflection, warping and detachment a printout from the table.

Of course you need to level the table and improve print settings but you do not have a heated table and really save money.

You can also print on a cold table PLA and similar materials.

The first layer need not be perfectly adhere to the table and does not need to be closed door.

See this picture, these are prints of 50 hours or more without heating the table and printing is constantly on the spot.

IMG_1117.thumb.JPG.4e825775fee893084ed7bbf858a2ca5c.JPG

DSCF1467.thumb.JPG.c2ca36b99d3b6d42ee67b37bc122d7db.JPG

DSCF1534.thumb.JPG.2ac5106eaa0e65a9ff9fbd1b84b92404.JPG

IMG_1117.thumb.JPG.4e825775fee893084ed7bbf858a2ca5c.JPG

DSCF1467.thumb.JPG.c2ca36b99d3b6d42ee67b37bc122d7db.JPG

DSCF1534.thumb.JPG.2ac5106eaa0e65a9ff9fbd1b84b92404.JPG

• Like 1