GCode from Autodesk Fusion 360 / Autodesk Print Studio

3dnerd

Posted (edited) · GCode from Autodesk Fusion 360 / Autodesk Print Studio

Hi,

normally I do my designs using Autodesk Fusion 360, then I export STL file and go ahead in Cura.

Fusion 360 now allows to transfer the designed object to Autodesk Print Studio.

Print Studio allows to position the object on the built plate, rotation, scaling etc. similar to what Cura does.

A support tool and single layer preview is also included. It comes with many presets for a lot of 3D printers.

Ulimaker 2 is also available. Since this is quite interesting I wanted to give it a try and created the gcode using Print Studio and saved it on my SD card. The card I inserted into my UM2 and picked up the gcode file for printing.

But UM2 shows a message:

"This file will override machine settings with setting from the slicer"

I cancelled this since I do not know if it damages something on my UM2.

So what settings will be overridden here? Can I go ahead printing?

Thanks...

Edited by Guest

Posted · GCode from Autodesk Fusion 360 / Autodesk Print Studio

The temperature settings will be overridden. A lot of slicers set the temperature on their end, where with the um2 we believe it makes more sense to let the printer set it (as the printer knows what kind of material it has)

Hi nallath,

thanks for reply, but I need some more help:

Does it mean it will be overidden for forever? Or just for the current print process?

During the print process do I still have acces to UM2 settings and adjust the temperature?

Is it safe to print now or not?

Thanks again...

Hi nallath,

great!

Thanks!

How did the printing go?

Hi nallath,

great!

Thanks!

How did the printing go? I am quite interested in this since I am a newbie Fusion 360 user and I have an Ultimaker 2.

I'm currently testing 3D printing made with Autodesk Print Studio.

So far it looks promising, no problem whatsoever.

Found that Print studio is better for creating support structure, and I love how it start 3D print process - spreading first few layers on build plate rather than just extrude it out in corner, like Cura does.