Octoprint works but printing keeps failing :(

frederiekpascal

Posted · Octoprint works but printing keeps failing :(

Hello,

I spent many hours with my Octoprint installation, I got it working (also on remote with a DDNS) and even the camera is working etc etc.

But prints keep failing :(

Today I tried again and today's problem was the extrusion, it was like 50% of what my nozzle is normally producing... I also noticed the "glock glock" from my filament feeder which means something was wrong :p

So I stopped the print with Octoprint, and flawlessly printed the object with my SD card and without Octoprint...

I think my start.gcode of my Cura for my UM2 is not correct, I've been reading a lot about modifications for this start code but I'm unfortunately not a programmer so it's Chinese for me that code. :D

Anyway, somebody who has some tips to get my Octoprint working?

This is the start.gcode I'm using :

;Sliced at: {day} {date} {time};Basic settings: Layer height: {layer_height} Walls: {wall_thickness} Fill: {fill_density};Print time: {print_time};Filament used: {filament_amount}m {filament_weight}g;Filament cost: {filament_cost};M190 S{print_bed_temperature} ;Uncomment to add your own bed temperature line;M109 S{print_temperature} ;Uncomment to add your own temperature lineG21        ;metric valuesG90        ;absolute positioningM82        ;set extruder to absolute modeM107       ;start with the fan offG28 X0 Y0  ;move X/Y to min endstopsG28 Z0     ;move Z to min endstopsG1 Z15.0 F{travel_speed} ;move the platform down 15mmG92 E0                  ;zero the extruded lengthG1 F200 E3              ;extrude 3mm of feed stockG92 E0                  ;zero the extruded length againG1 F{travel_speed};Put printing message on LCD screenM117 Printing...

Any help would be appreciated!

cheers

Posted · Octoprint works but printing keeps failing :(

no, you need to use RepRap(Marlin/Sprinter)

give this code a try

;*** start code ***

G28 ; home all axes

G1 X10 Y10 F3000 ; bring extruder to the front

G92 E0 ; zero the extruded length

G1 Z30 ; lower

G1 E30 F225 ; purge nozzle with 30mm of filament

G1 X10 Y40 F3000 ; little move to avoid dipping the plastic puddle

G92 E0 ; zero the extruded length again

;*** end code ***

G28 ; home all

M104 S0 ; turn off heaters