T-glase temp and feed settings

DrewNJIT86

Posted · T-glase temp and feed settings

Hey,

Not sure if this is the correct place for this question but I received an order of t glase filament. I've looked in all corners of the Internet and including the filament manufacture which in turn made it even more complex then my original question. Needless to say I left Tasman website with more questions. So my question I am wondering if anyone has any information pertaining to the feed percentage I should set my printer at for printing with t glase ? I concluded print temps are optimal at 240 to 245 and bed temp at 75 , now the feed speed I'm curious about I do know that Tasman recommends increasing nozzle size in cura or variation of cure / slicer by a factor of 75% to 80%. So for example from the website if you can decipher it.

1. Nozzle Size - If you don’t have a larger nozzle, on the order of .7mm or larger, you can still change the nozzle setting in your slicer. The slicer will allow more material out, thus equating to a larger nozzle. There are limits, but testers of t-glase found they could increase their .5mm nozzle up to .7mm.

NOTE: Nozzles smaller than .5mm will create a rather large amount of pressure on the extruding gears and components, and the line may begin to slip.

So speed of the material feeder and what the heck is above are my questions. If anyone has any idea love the input and would love to successfully print with this material.

You should not increase the nozzle size in Cura unless you also change nozzles on the printer. If you have a UMO you can get a larger nozzle for well under $10 in usa (I assume 10 euros elsewhere) and if you have a UM2 you need to learn about the "olsson block" first before you can change your nozzle (google it).

What country do you live in? And which printer do you have?

Actually I often lie about nozzle size going smaller (tell cura I have a .35 nozzle when in fact it is .4) but never the other direction! Not a good idea. I can elaborate if needed.

Your print temp is tooooo high for t-glase. I think Taulman recommend 212c. I am not at my 3D print laptop but I know I use a temp close to that. I have not changed nozzle from 0.4 although I have a diary note to try it with a .8 nozzle fitted. Oh yes I think print speed of less than 30mm/s is recommended (22/24?)