Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
cips

belt slips on UM1

Hello gurus.

I need an advice:

in the last few weeks I saw that my UM1 sometimes has some problems in Y-Axis movement.

This happens always in the first layer printing and more or less in the same position. The belt strarts slipping for a while.

I tried to increase the tension of the belt.

I alredy tried to align the axes (more than one time), but it looks it did not solve the problem. When I try to move the head by hand, I actually feel it a bit hard to push, especially in some specific positions. But I don't know how to fix this (more than trying to align axes).

Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot!

Hi! I have that problem a lot, but I'm long overdue changing the belts. Here's what I do:

* I have a belt tensioner on  the belt that slips.

* I make sure the axis are aligned properly

* I use machine oil on the rods... both x and y at the head and the ones along the sides where the belts are attached.

* Before each run, I keep the printer shut off and move the head around by hand.

Normally, I'll have problems if the UM1 sits around a week or more between runs. When I'm running ABS, because the inside temps are hotter and I'm using sewing machine oil on the rods, I find i have to lubricate them more often.

Good luck!