Hotend screw stuck

Posted (edited) · Hotend screw stuck

Its the nature of the design. The end of the thread gets damaged as its tightened into the element and temp sensor..

If heating doesnt work and you wont use it again then use some vice grips on the screw and a spanner on the block and wind it out. I might squeal a bit but it will come.

Edited by Guest

Posted · Hotend screw stuck

Thanks guys. I finally got it unstuck with a pair of vice grips and pliers. i think my temp sensor is a lost cause due to how far it was inserted so if you've got any links to videos about swapping them that'd be great!

No video but its fairly simple. Just unplug from the main board and plug the new one in. It has a connector. And it's handy to tape the wire of the new one to the old one to pull the wire through the black wire cover mesh.

I went along with that, i did attempt to separate the old temp sensor from the unused hotend and it basically just separated the wires from the casing so I would've never been able to successfully take it apart. Good thing I had a spare.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies