Warmup time

ckrusor

Posted · Warmup time

My Ultimaker 2 just arrived yesterday, and I'm doing some test prints. It is taking an extremely long time to warm up. Right now I started it on a print and it has been warming up for 90 minutes. It is in a warm room in the house. Am I doing something wrong?

Posted · Warmup time

Yeah, that's way way WAY longer than it should take. I'm guessing it's an issue with the heated bed. Start a print and then go into the "Tune" menu, scroll down to the bed temperature heading and see if that temperature is rising at all. I'm betting it's not. Next step would be to check the connections. Rather than repeating myself I'll link here:

http://support.3dverkstan.se/article/23-a-visual-ultimaker-troubleshooting-guide#temperror

Besides the wire that is pointed out there underneath the printer there's another pair or wires that go to a green terminal block on the board. The ones you're looking for are those that are not white.

If it's not the wires it could be a break in the PCB tracks of the heated bed, an issue with the temperature sensor or the connecting wires themselves. But let's start by checking the connections as those are the most likely issue IMHO.

Posted · Warmup time

Thanks, Robert. I went to the tune menu and found that the bed was warming up, but very slowly. About one degree increase in five minutes. So I put a pile of towels on the bed and turned down the bed target temperature. It finally reached the new (lower) setting and started printing. So, the bed heater appears to be working, but it seems to be underpowered. Is there more than one heater under the bed?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• Introducing Universal Cura Projects in the UltiMaker Cura 5.7 beta
        Strap in for the first Cura release of 2024! This 5.7 beta release brings new material profiles as well as cloud printing for Method series printers, and introduces a powerful new way of sharing print settings using printer-agnostic project files! Also, if you want to download the cute dinosaur card holder featured below, it was specially designed for this release and can be found on Thingiverse! 
        • 10 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies