Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
yzorg

Anyone on BFB extruders?

Hello Guys

Do i Make something obvious wrong?

Im having a Ultimaker. Electronics are completely from Makerbot: Mega2560 with Motherboard v2.4, 4 Stepperdrivers v3.3, extrusion controller board v3.6(intact)

However i want a BFB Hotend to work in my machine.

now the machine connects as Thingomatic with Stepstruder MK7, Motherboard and Toolhead firmware is 3,1…

I can let the stepping motors move. now however the Toolhead does simply nothing.

Although all temperatures still set to 0 in the control Panel, im getting a read of 1023,0 sometimes 1024,0 C degrees. Heatbuildplattform works just fine...

The BFB Hotend got a 200k Thermistor in it.. more info is not available cause the guys at BFB are not that friendly. They dont want to be part of the Openscource.

For testing I tried an original 100k Makerbot thermistor attached on t+t-. which sadly doesnt change temp reads to correct values...

Got it solved!

i got makerbots thermocouple now and first i wasnt shure where to hang it to the extruderboard as it had 3 lines coming from the thermocoupleboard...

later i found the thermocouple works just fine without its board. i just connected it to the thermistor +- and got correct readings of 20°C roomtemp.

This is for all those people who have old screw extruders that BfB sold,

Yes I had one of those. I think every single acrylic trapped nut part broke off. And I fried my motor controller trying to push abs through it. Then the bearing holders broke. Acrylic is not a good material for extruders!