Heater Error

donnyfl

Posted · Heater Error

Hello everyone, UM2 was working great for a while then all of a sudden I received a temp sensor error. Easy fix right? Checked all wires and they were in securely. Replaced PT100 with a new OEM one along with new teflon coupling. After install I now get the heater Error. I replaced the both heater and sensor wire a few months ago. The Heater wire looks brand new still so don't think that could be it. I made sure heater block is not touching fan unit. Update firmware to latest, same results. Below is a video, any suggestions? When I first turned on the machine, the temperature was 28. Tried to increase to 36.

Posted · Heater Error

Do you have access to a multimeter? If you do, you could try measuring the resistance of both the heater cartridge and sensor to see if they are displaying sane values (the sensor already seems to since it's showing 28C).

The sensor should show around 108Ohms at room temp and should increase if you warm it up in your hand. Here's a table from a random google search that shows you what it should read at different temperatures:

http://www.intech.co.nz/products/temperature/typert.html

The heater should measure somewhere in the ballpark of 20-25Ohms.

You could also check if voltage is being applied to the heater when you tell the printer to heat up.

Posted · Heater Error

Thank you Robert. I ended up ordering a new heater cartridge and it worked right after install. So solved the problem with the heat sensor followed by the heater cartridge, now my left fan is making noise ARGG!!! I am just glad it is printing again though.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• Introducing Universal Cura Projects in the UltiMaker Cura 5.7 beta
        Strap in for the first Cura release of 2024! This 5.7 beta release brings new material profiles as well as cloud printing for Method series printers, and introduces a powerful new way of sharing print settings using printer-agnostic project files! Also, if you want to download the cute dinosaur card holder featured below, it was specially designed for this release and can be found on Thingiverse! 
        • 10 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies