Bed shaking

fergazz

Posted (edited) · Bed shaking

Hi guys, I`m getting some troubles, my bed is vibrating a lot when infill speed is 80mm/s or up.

Those issues started in feb/mar of this year and since them I cannot work as fast as that.

What is the problem here?

I sended and e-mail for Ultimaker support. Sabrina redirect me for the a wrong e-mail to Makershed Store (the online store that I bought it). I resend for the right e-mail copying her, with photos, videos of the issues and she replayed me to don`t copy her on e-mail anymore (????). I am disappointed by the support offered by Ultimaker. I expect the company to improve customer service, while so I have to resort to community.

Please take a look on this video (google drive link)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_hrta6v-EB8OHVJa2xDMHZpcG8/view?usp=sharing

Edited by SandervG

Posted (edited) · Bed shaking

Did you tight the 3 thumb screws that are for bed leveling and to keep the bed 'tight'? Ofc you need to relevel after that. Looks like it's just too loose.

Edited by Guest
    • Like 1

Posted · Bed shaking

I`m actually have some troubles with bed levelling since the start up wizard. The nozzle distance when the front screws are max up stayed with 0.3 gap... I put and Ferrule, Bezant, to the bed get the right height... don`t know if it is affecting. Because of that I need to re-level the biuld plate before each print.

photo 0.3 gap: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_hrta6v-EB8YU1NTkljc0FkcjQ/view?usp=sharing

Posted · Bed shaking

Ferrule, Bezant on the base of spring:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_hrta6v-EB8dmFGanVVbUNBZGM/view?usp=sharing

There is a reliable way to put the table on right height? Maybe it`s affecting the bed vibration?

I thinked to print an ajustable stuff to fit there but it`s close to heated bed, don`t know if it will melt. ABS support higher temperatures, maybe is a good option? Nylon support higher temperature? I have boths and PLA High Temp by photopasta.

You need to take these spacers out and bring your bed back in the original state. Make sure to turn the screws so you have good tension on the springs. Make them tight. But look through the bed to make sure the black wire connector at the back of the heated bed has a few mm space from the bottom plate.

Now start the leveling routine again. I don't really understand your issue but just to be sure.... did you understand that during leveling in the 1st phase you need to turn the knob (the front knob of the menu control) to bring the bed to 1 mm from the head??

Hi @Fergazz,

Thank you for your post here in the forums.

First of all I am sorry you feel disappointed about the service. I am sure the reply was intended to improve efficiency instead of a reluctance to offer service.

But maybe it was communicated in a clumsy way, our apologies for the inconvenience.

Offering a high level of service and support are important to us, we'll take your feedback at heart and will improve our ways.

Now, about your problem.

I think @ultiarjan explained it well, you need to tighten those springs more.

The bed vibrating you are experiencing is because in their current state they lack any form of tension and probably emphasise the vibration.

Tighten them by rotating the thumbscrews and leave a little bit for the connectors at the bed.

By lowering the bed (using the springs) you have a couple of more rotations with the knob on the display to level your bed higher. Only use the thumbscrews to optimise levelling, not to generate actual distance.

We wrote a blog here where it is also explained.

Good luck!

And just to clarify further, there are three thumbscrews under the bed. A lot of times people don't notice the one towards the back of the machine.

Posted · Bed shaking

Thanks everyone for the help!

Yeah, I know how to adjust the height screwing the bolt for left or right. If I took the space out the maximum height (screw down max, less pressure on spring) will stay with a gap of 0.3 for the nozzle and if I screw up (more pressure on spring) the gap stay higher. I know that are 3 screws, 2 on font and one in the back/middle. The back screw is ok, the front ones are with that gap, looks like that this spring is smaller than necessary, because of that I put those spaces. I`m printing right now. When I finish that I will make a video showing this.

Thanks by the way! I have to say that I learn a lot with you guys during this year. Thanks for everyone here, for G5 too and others collaborators... you guys make me feel that I definitely chose the best option in the matter of hardware and community. Cheers!!

Posted · Bed shaking

Thanks everyone for the help!

Yeah, I know how to adjust the height screwing the bolt for left or right. If I took the space out the maximum height (screw down max, less pressure on spring) will stay with a gap of 0.3 for the nozzle and if I screw up (more pressure on spring) the gap stay higher. I know that are 3 screws, 2 on font and one in the back/middle. The back screw is ok, the front ones are with that gap, looks like that this spring is smaller than necessary, because of that I put those spaces. I`m printing right now. When I finish that I will make a video showing this.

Thanks by the way! I have to say that I learned a lot with you guys during this year. Thanks for everyone here, for G5 too and others collaborators... you guys make me feel that I definitely choose the best option in the matter of hardware and community even without a physical support in my country. I also created, a year ago, an Ultimaker group in Facebook (Ultimaker Brasil) for non-english speaker from Brazil to take some doubts in portuguese, we have about 20 users there. Cheers!!