use Ice Spray to remove objects stuck on glass

Kermit65

Posted · use Ice Spray to remove objects stuck on glass

Hello

I print PLA on glass. I first clean the glass with water, then I use window cleaner and finally provide a thin layer of 3D Lac. This procedure provides superb adhesion and fine surfaces, but unfortunately sometimes objects are stuck on the glass plate. An easy method to release them from the glass is using ice spray: After cooling down the object and the glass surrounding it, you will hear a crackling noise and the object almost falls off the plate.

You can then reuse the glass plate without the need to go through the cleaning procedure again.

Regards

Andreas

PB219153.thumb.JPG.429f22e335edb252fe9296e08064cba5.JPG

PB219159.thumb.JPG.2183dbee2c150cee8580ba375df7d2c9.JPG

PB219153.thumb.JPG.429f22e335edb252fe9296e08064cba5.JPG

PB219159.thumb.JPG.2183dbee2c150cee8580ba375df7d2c9.JPG

Posted · use Ice Spray to remove objects stuck on glass

Hi Andreas,

I use 3DLac as well and I notice that the spray works great but if you get drops of 3DLac they will stick a lot more so try paying attention to those especially with XT because it can chip your glass surface.

ice spray: is it not just compressed air that causes ice when over pushing it?

I wonder if you can try to use the ice spray on the underside of the glass to see if it still works. This way the ice spray would not get in contact with the piece. I usually just rinse the underside of the glass with cold water in the sink and it helps to lower the temp even more.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies