Nozzle (exterior) reverse Atomic's

Posted (edited) · Nozzle (exterior) reverse Atomic's

I just want to share a method I use to clean the exterior of the nozzle. You know, it always get's burned pla, abs, dirt and before printing it's always a good idea to have the nozzle clean to avoid a drop of dirt over a 5h print. Specially if you change colors, but even so, the pla burns and goes brown. I just like my nozzles clean inside and outside.

So, it's very easy.

Step 1: Set the nozzle to 130-160C (at 130 it's posible, but it melts slower)

Step 2: Get a piece of filament (I use pla because, that's what I use.

Step 3: Crush, carefully so your hands don't slip and end getting a small burn, the filament so it covers the tip of the nozzle.

Step 4: If possible while holding the filament piece, lower the temp to 0, or to 90C.

Step 5: As soon the temp reaches 95-93C Use tweezers and pull the filament that you stuck.

Step 6: Enjoy a clean nozzle.

The main advantage vs using a Metal brush it's that you don't 'Erode' the Brass nozzle and has a longer life maintaining the print quality.

Step 3:

IMG_8254.thumb.JPG.a7f490791a2292c3a1b9efeafde7a81f.JPG

Step 5

IMG_8255.thumb.JPG.5da7c0c2f67ab5532b01ef430fc5d0ef.JPG

Step 6

IMG_8256.thumb.JPG.bc6a3aeebf6903aac110e167f8a5f592.JPG

IMG_8254.thumb.JPG.a7f490791a2292c3a1b9efeafde7a81f.JPG

IMG_8255.thumb.JPG.5da7c0c2f67ab5532b01ef430fc5d0ef.JPG

IMG_8256.thumb.JPG.bc6a3aeebf6903aac110e167f8a5f592.JPG

Edited by Guest
  • Like 3

Posted · Nozzle (exterior) reverse Atomic's

Smart :) thanks for sharing,

I usually use some q-tips that i rub against the nozzle when it's hot to clean, but it's not perfect, i will give this a try. I usually do an atomic when i change the nozzle, so now i'll do a double atomic :)

• Like 1

I used to use a paper cloth to clean the nozzle on the outside.

Not gonna say it resulted in a good as new nozzle, but it was sufficient to remove any filament that was in the way.

Will keep this in mind, thanks!

• Like 1

Sometimes I use an old cloth too combined with acetone. When you heatup your nozzle then you're able to clean it very well and have an almost perfect result ! (: