Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
njordan311

Extruder keeps getting stuck.

It looks basically the same as Bertho's extruder design which is on Thingiverse (

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:26094

), except that this uses some lasercut parts instead of the printed parts. I was planning on building Bertho's extruder upgrade next, but maybe I'll just buy this one... Again, it's just that shipping.. Even with the recent reductions its still awfully expensive to get stuff shipped from UM and I'm just across the channel in England.

Cheers,

Troy.

why cant we get some one near Ultimaker to buy these and repost them using normal mail.

I know sending this small packet to england from here in germany would be about 5 euros which is ok.

we need an insider ?

we need an insider ?
Those are hard to find ;-)

Anyhow. The new drive has a few changes compared to the Bertho extruder upgrade. I like the fact that it's much easier to open/close and get your filament in/out. Also, buying this instead of building your own Bertho extruder guarantees the correct spring.

well i bought mine yesterday.

once again i came home last night to a crapped out large print, because the thumb screw became loose after 20 hours of printing ( i was away ) and the bolt had no contact any more with the filament... yippeee. one more hald model going into the bin.

THANK GOD !! for this new upgrade. If this crap with the extruder is solved, then I really think ultimaker is a stable usable home 3d printer for the masses.

Fingers crossed. I have a list of models I want and need to get printed.....

Ian :D