Extruder keeps getting stuck.

njordan311

Posted · Extruder keeps getting stuck.

So im trying to print this gear heart keychain (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:24675) and the extruder keeps not working about 60% through the print. I look in back and the PLA is all torn up from the extrusion wheel. I tried turning the heat up to 250, and slowing the print down to 80% speed. Any ideas why it is still getting clogged?

It looks basically the same as Bertho's extruder design which is on Thingiverse (

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:26094

), except that this uses some lasercut parts instead of the printed parts. I was planning on building Bertho's extruder upgrade next, but maybe I'll just buy this one... Again, it's just that shipping.. Even with the recent reductions its still awfully expensive to get stuff shipped from UM and I'm just across the channel in England.

Cheers,

Troy.

why cant we get some one near Ultimaker to buy these and repost them using normal mail.

I know sending this small packet to england from here in germany would be about 5 euros which is ok.

we need an insider ?

we need an insider ?
    Those are hard to find ;-)

Anyhow. The new drive has a few changes compared to the Bertho extruder upgrade. I like the fact that it's much easier to open/close and get your filament in/out. Also, buying this instead of building your own Bertho extruder guarantees the correct spring.

Will this be on all new printers they sell?

well i bought mine yesterday.

once again i came home last night to a crapped out large print, because the thumb screw became loose after 20 hours of printing ( i was away ) and the bolt had no contact any more with the filament... yippeee. one more hald model going into the bin.

THANK GOD !! for this new upgrade. If this crap with the extruder is solved, then I really think ultimaker is a stable usable home 3d printer for the masses.

Fingers crossed. I have a list of models I want and need to get printed.....

Ian :D

Will this be on all new printers they sell?

Yes. We're adding upgrades to newly sold kits at the same time (or even before) we add the upgrade to the shop.