Feeding motor noises

SG91

Posted (edited) · Feeding motor noises

Hi

Im trying to make an um robot in high quality 0.06 but when it comes to making the support for its hands. The motor starts to step back . alot .. Annoying . I run in 30mms  at 210c same speed for fill also.

and just where his legs ends there is a small blob overhang on his left front side.

what shall I do to to prevent this from happening`?

Edited by Guest

Posted · Feeding motor noises

What do you mean by "stepping back"? Is it a controlled movement where the filament is pulled out and then pushed back in? If so, that is what we call a retraction and it's necessary to avoid stringing. Stringing is where thin strands of filament are formed when the head travels from one point to another because filament "drips" out.

I'm assuming that's what you're talking about because IIRC you have an UMO? (please add your printer in your profile, it will make it easier for people to help in the future)

A picture of the blob would be helpful to know exactly what's going on.

Posted (edited) · Feeding motor noises

Right thats what I meant. built my umo+ over christmas. What setup is recomended as retraction? just started with printing so I want to fine polish the quality abit.  Also the antennas became slightly blobish as u can see.  Do x2 fans help much ? plz Share your experiences ^^

12443593_1070520282968840_211368687_o.thumb.jpg.066f01030b6da98e5cbf39c04122218c.jpg

12483116_1070520279635507_285864970_o.thumb.jpg.d46c87fa8237dbfabe5245ac95829b22.jpg[/media]

12465539_1070520276302174_763298735_o.thumb.jpg.e55bf1b8a36c80020dac850928ce32b2.jpg

What do you mean by "stepping back"? Is it a controlled movement where the filament is pulled out and then pushed back in? If so, that is what we call a retraction and it's necessary to avoid stringing. Stringing is where thin strands of filament are formed when the head travels from one point to another because filament "drips" out.

I'm assuming that's what you're talking about because IIRC you have an UMO? (please add your printer in your profile, it will make it easier for people to help in the future)

A picture of the blob would be helpful to know exactly what's going on.

12443593_1070520282968840_211368687_o.thumb.jpg.066f01030b6da98e5cbf39c04122218c.jpg

12483116_1070520279635507_285864970_o.thumb.jpg.d46c87fa8237dbfabe5245ac95829b22.jpg

12465539_1070520276302174_763298735_o.thumb.jpg.e55bf1b8a36c80020dac850928ce32b2.jpg

Edited by Guest

Posted · Feeding motor noises

I'd say leave the retraction settings on default until you get some more printing time under your belt. It takes a bit of time to get a good feel for what's going on.

The antennas are tiny and close together. If you look at the print head as it's printing you'll notice that the fan will have a tough time getting airflow in there to cool them down before a new layer is printed. Two fans will certainly help, but printing two or more objects at the same time will likely help more as one part can then cool down while the other is being printed and vice versa.

The blobbing on the bottom corner of the belly is because of overhangs. It's printing plastic out in the middle of the air without any support from previous layers underneath so the plastic sags down. That's just the nature of the beast and it's the same no matter which FDM printer you use.

The Ultimaker robot is not a well optimized model for printing but it does expose a few issues that you're going to have with these types of printers right away, so it's good for learning.

Reading through these is not a bad thing:

http://support.3dverkstan.se/article/23-a-visual-ultimaker-troubleshooting-guide

http://support.3dverkstan.se/article/30-getting-better-prints

http://support.3dverkstan.se/article/38-designing-for-3d-printing