1.5.7 Board LED output max current

Posted (edited) · 1.5.7 Board LED output max current

Hi all & a happy new year :)

I planned to use the LED output of the 1.5.7 board for 3 short LED stripes and can't find a value for the max current allowed. Any help is appreciated.

Cheers,

Joerg

Edited by Guest

Posted · 1.5.7 Board LED output max current

Sorry I missed the original topic:

Uhm, I wouldn't know, except that leds don't really use that much power so therefor it shouldn't be a problem. I'm running 3 IKEA dioder strips of that port.

Posted (edited) · 1.5.7 Board LED output max current

Sorry I missed the original topic:

Uhm, I wouldn't know, except that leds don't really use that much power so therefor it shouldn't be a problem. I'm running 3 IKEA dioder strips of that port.

Thanks for your reply. I am running three short LED stripes on that port also.

But what I wanted was 'hard facts & numbers' ;)in order to don't damage the board on the long-term.

It seems that it is some kind of secret, so we will never know it exactly ;)

Edited by Guest

I also would like to know this. My original lights have dimmed and yellowed significantly over the years and I bought a 24V LED strip here:

https://www.wholesaleledlights.co.uk/1m-24v-single-colour-led-strip-lights-60-x-5050smd-14-4w.html

Current draw should be max 600mA for the 1m strip. I hope this will be fine, but interested to know the maximum before assuming.

Any responses would be appreciated.

Kind regards,

Greg

It is a straight connection to the 19v input, so no practical limit.

• Like 1

I have a UM2 so I guess I have hijacked a topic which was not relevent to me. Apologies but thanks for the response on the other thread