First load of ultimaker 2 is grinding fillament

cnt

Posted · First load of ultimaker 2 is grinding fillament

I just got a ultimaker 2 and it came with a Olsson block.

The first thing I did was install the Olsson block, which went well. Then I followed the startup sequence on the screen, leveling the build plate. When it came time to load the fillament i fed it in back, then pressed next and it advanced near the end and slowed. It then slowly advanced until it stopped and started grinding instead of extruding.

Anyone know whats going on? I took the nozzle off and it's apparently the plastic never made it to the nozzle itself. so it must be getting stuck some where near the end of the clear tube.

Posted (edited) · First load of ultimaker 2 is grinding fillament

You need to sharpen the filament like a pencil. It can sometimes get caught on an edge going into the nozzle if it has a flat end. Maybe caught on the PTFE coupler or something.

Also make sure the bowden tube is going all the way into the PTFE Coupler and everything is seated nicely. ( Olsson Block isn't on a weird angle or anything)

Edited by Guest

Posted · First load of ultimaker 2 is grinding fillament

Usually if you just wiggle the bowden tube a little bit when the filament stalls it will get going again. You'll hear it click as it gets past the edge it was stuck on.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies