Colour Fab Bronze Fill 0.50 stainlees nozzle

bob-hepple

Posted · Colour Fab Bronze Fill 0.50 stainlees nozzle

Hi

I eventually got around to trying the 0.50 nozzle from 3d Solex I am using s3d printing around 30mm/s at a temp of 200 but the feeder is clicking (like its putting to much pressure into the Olson Block. also when fans come on at say 40% the print goes to the wall starts going horrible im finding keeping the fans off is best (is that normal for bronzfill) and with steel nozzle.

and lastly on the bottom of the nozzle I'm getting significant accumulation of material building up, any ideas why .

All advise appreciated.

or I went to a longer yoke on iRoberts feeder, to increase pressure on a test piece there were allot of grinding notches in the material on retractions.

The print has finished Not Good a lot of scaring from the glob of material collecting on the nozzle.

also I laid a brim of 5 lines wide this didn't adhere to the main body where there is a good surface finish theres gaps in the weave you can see it on the second R on the right.

this was printed at 200 I also turned up the extrusion to 110% BronzeFill.thumb.jpg.2ed980336ec43c4a9e5c5c946626e3ab.jpg

BronzeFill.thumb.jpg.2ed980336ec43c4a9e5c5c946626e3ab.jpg

Stainless nozzles have bad heat transfer and require a lot higher nozzle temp. Also the fans cool the tip and makes it even worse.

I printed the barrel with 0.3mm Brass Nozzle, 0.08layers and i think 40mm/s

5a3316906850b_Lancecanonshoot1069.thumb.jpg.0c3f295b8f8c03996305c2e2811baf50.jpg

The build up around the Nozzle is normal for this material but may have been made worse with you not using fans.

5a3316906850b_Lancecanonshoot1069.thumb.jpg.0c3f295b8f8c03996305c2e2811baf50.jpg

Labern

Thanks I think I will swop the Nozzle and try the brass 0.4 where did you get 0.3 nozzle

I'll put the Fans back on at 40% and try again

I run fans on 100%

0.3mm Nozzle is from E3D.

Ordered 0.3 & 0.35

Love you gun

Ditched the Steel nozzle and put in a 3dsolex, one of his first 0.4 (no Marking) in. 215 was to high on my machine with bronz very gloopy reduced temp to 210 much better retraction isn't very good S3d but its live able fans on 60 % object flat so No need to up it. the Feeder is still clicking every now and then.

Yeah , the bronze absorbs the heat more which allows for cooler temps.

You maybe able to reduce the flow now. I print at 100%. This maybe causing you kick-backs in the feeder.