Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
xeno

Extruder Drive Upgrade drawings

In the shop there is a Extruder Drive Upgrade for sale,

are there drawings I can download to build one myself, I really like to build the parts myself, and I don't want to spend €32,- :D

DXF or DWG will do nicely :)

or point me in the right direction.

well its basically just a polished up copy of the Bertho mod which is on Thingiverse.

But by the time you get hold of the bearing for it, which is an odd size and will have to be ordered specially, and

buy a load of springs to experiment with and so on, you will not be saving any money at all. So really if you like building things yourself, go on. But I dont think it will be cheaper, and time is money. So ultimately its actually

far cheaper just to order it...and quicker.

C.

I've got a whole load of springs and bearings I can use (a bit of a hoarder :) )

and I can adjust the drawings to compensate for different bearings, and materials is also no problem.

Yes, it is more easy to order, but where is the fun in that :)

There was some mention of putting the extruder upgrade source files up somewhere but I haven't seen it.

If you want to DIY one and don't want to wait for Ultimaker to release the design, you could use Bertho's extruder as a starting point. There are some differences but if you're going to adjust the Ultimaker version to use different bearings/springs then I'd expect you can also adjust Bertho's design.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:26094