Ulticontroller with Cura

hugo

Posted · Ulticontroller with Cura

The Ultimaker with the Ulticontroller works the same as without - so you can connect it via USB to the PC/Mac/Linux and print with it.

I mostly use the (permanently installed and running) Ulticontroller as a fancy display for speed / heat and print with Cura :-)

The Ultimaker with the Ulticontroller works the same as without - so you can connect it via USB to the PC/Mac/Linux and print with it.

I mostly use the (permanently installed and running) Ulticontroller as a fancy display for speed / heat and print with Cura :-)

Thx for the answer.

Does not work with my setup and i don't know why...

When i plug usb connector, Ulticontroller displays horizontal lines, Cura displays errors (utf8 error related) in console...

I also got 1.5.6 - maybe your cables are mixed up? Swap them for a try? =)

Usually the bars mean that the flat grey cables are connected the wrong way around.

Nothing bad will happen, except for the display not working.

You can just switch them over at your electronics and everything should be fine.

filament delivered with the ultimaker does not show these blobs.

Measuring the filament it varied from 2,76mm till 2,92mm.

Hi Broken,

I suspect you posted this comment in the wrong topic.

Perhaps you want to repost it :)

Usually the bars mean that the flat grey cables are connected the wrong way around.

Nothing bad will happen, except for the display not working.

You can just switch them over at your electronics and everything should be fine.

No, because Ulticontroller works fine without usb connection...

Mhh, but you still have the mains power on the Ultimaker when you connect it via USB, or?

I noticed that you can run the Ultimaker on USB alone, it even displays stuff in the Ulticontroller and tries to heat up the hotend, but fails in funny ways (due to the lack of power via USB).

It's just a total wild guess. Don't beat me ^^

I can print perfectly from SD Card...

I have also a problem when i want to use my machine over USB.

I doesnt works... I can make the axles move and warm up the hotend but i cant start a Print from there. Nothing happens. When i push the button on the Ulticontroller it will start eventually.

the First calibration Wizzard is not finishing its duty too.

It stops at the Temperature tests..

I upgraded to newest Cura..

now it works and is fine..

takes some time.. but all calibrations are working now.

i can print over USB