Ulti-Evening February 22nd

SandervG

Posted (edited) · Ulti-Evening February 22nd

Hi Guys,

Its almost time for another edition of the Ulti-Evenings.

We have a very interesting guest this time, a true innovator named Aad van der Geest.

Aad van der Geest has already made a couple of trips to the Ulti-Evenings where he brought this special project.

During this edition Aad will showcase his modified Ultimaker 2. It is converted into a full color SLS machine, except without the L(aser). It is like a 3D inktjet printer. Did this get you as curious as it got me? Come by and check it out!

Aad is going to do a presentation in which he will address the following:

-> operating principle powder-printer

-> past developments

-> powder-print module for Ultimaker

-> Inkjet detailed operation

-> powder compounds

-> future developments

-> demoing the machine and software

I would not want to miss this!

Date: 22 - 02 - 2016

17.00 - 18.00 Arrival (Bring your Ultimaker!) and order food (10 euro pp)

18.30 - 19.00 Presentation

19.00 - 22.00 powder time!

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...
    • 1 month later...
    Posted · Ulti-Evening February 22nd

For everyone who attended this Ulti-evening, or is interested to know more.. Fablab Protospace is offering a workshop where in 3 evenings you will learn how to transform your Ultimaker 2 in a 3D Inktjet printer. You'll be equipped with a powder dispenser and two inktjet printheads. WOW!

This workshop starts at April 19th in Protospace and it costs €750

If you are interested, get in touch with Protospace by calling 030-223 08 75

Posted (edited) · Ulti-Evening February 22nd

Would love to. Unfortunately it's probably going to be during or just after the working day, like the Ulti-Evenings... Making it impossible for me to get there in a timely fashion (2 hour drive since I moved and I get home by 6pm)... Also 3 days... That's 1000km of driving :) Shame.

Edited by Guest

The workshop is on a Tuesday. It starts at april 19th and will be continued on April 26th and May 3rd. It starts at 18.30-21.30.

Indeed it is a stretch, but it would be quite the upgrade to your Ultimaker.

That is a sure thing... If they were to do like a video and just supply a box with the parts, I would be willing to consider it, but as I said, 18.30 is not doable for me, would have to take the days of and not being able to invoice 3 days, plus the cost of the workshop? It would become a VERY expensive upgrade... In the order of "buy a new ultimaker" even.