Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Shipbrook

M300 gcode?

I decided to give OctoPrint a try, and have been having fun adding custom controls for various things (especially the "tune" features that aren't available from the front panel when printing via USB).

I'm working on a set of buttons to make atomic pulls more convenient, and I would like to have the printer beep when the hotend reaches its target temperatures, so I don't have to sit there watching the numbers. The Ultimaker 2 with Marlin firmware (which I have) is supposed to support the M300 ("play beepsound") command, and there are several hits on Google where people indicate that they're using M300 with their Ultimakers (for notifying them when it's heated up, playing tunes when a print is finished, and so on).

However, when I send an M300 command to the printer (e.g. M300 S440 P250 for a quarter-second 440 Hz tone), it returns an "ok" response, so I know it received it, but it doesn't actually make any noise. The printer does make sounds when I use the jog wheel, so is there anything special I need to do to enable it to respond to the M300 command?

its not helping you, but I just tried on mine, USB from S3D and directly from SD card, but mine also does not beep :(

and I like the idea... I forgot a few times that i was heating up the printer .....

Edited by Guest

its not helping you, but I just tried on mine, USB from S3D and directly from SD card, but mine also does not beep :(

Maybe they took that capability out of the firmware, then. Pity. I suppose I could make noise by moving the build platform up and down a couple of times instead.