The root cause of this issue? One side ugly.

Giogiogio4

Posted · The root cause of this issue? One side ugly.

I have been having this issue all day.

I started this as a print of three. First time it came out great until it came off the bed.

So I started up the next print, 100% the same and kept having this issue.

On the Right side you see keeps going up higher. And this leaves a very ugly

side. 50 seconds or so in and really shows at 1:18

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1ya71IwpTg5cjZVcTV2ZGJkdVk/view?usp=sharing

I have used the same settings on other prints and have gotten great results. I have tried re-leveling,

Turning down the speed, Turning down the flow, Turning down and up the temp. Turning up and down

the bed temp. And it's the same exact thing. Heck I have even tried bringing other models onto the bed

to more cooling down time between each part. ( had stringing issues when i tried )

Right now im simply trying a smaller nozzle and hope that helps. But any direction to the cause would be great!

( And yes both fans work. )

Posted (edited) · The root cause of this issue? One side ugly.

I just got this problem today! Lol. I printed the same object three times and even bent my fans to try to improve it, but nothing. It seemed like the back right side was affected. I feel the uneven fan may be to blame a touch, but i think if i printed two at the same time it would solve the problem, i dont normally get this but i tend not to print small stuff so i think thats why. The slight overhang (very minor) seems like it triggered it. It only occurs on stuff about 1cm in diameter with no infill, i presume because the layers simply dont hav enough time to cool. I may try again in the name of science, but now my fans are stupidly bent, lol. Oh well theres always something in ths game!!

Edited by Guest

Posted · The root cause of this issue? One side ugly.

I just got this problem today! Lol. I printed the same object three times and even bent my fans to try to improve it, but nothing. It seemed like the back right side was affected. I feel the uneven fan may be to blame a touch, but i think if i printed two at the same time it would solve the problem, i dont normally get this but i tend not to print small stuff so i think thats why. The slight overhang (very minor) seems like it triggered it. It only occurs on stuff about 1cm in diameter with no infill, i presume because the layers simply dont hav enough time to cool. I may try again in the name of science, but now my fans are stupidly bent, lol. Oh well theres always something in ths game!!

I tried a smaller Nozzle and fixed it.

When it came to it on other parts I just used my paint scraper to flatten the part as it went.

Or a quick pause to allow it to cool