INSTALLING PT100 AMPLIFIER BOARD ON UM2?

Posted (edited) · INSTALLING PT100 AMPLIFIER BOARD ON UM2?

Hi all

Got the new pt100 sensor kit for my UM2 clone but not sure how to install on mainboard...any tips?

Thanks

Edited by Guest

Posted · INSTALLING PT100 AMPLIFIER BOARD ON UM2?

Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

Maybe a bit more detailed information could be usefull, i have no idea what you are reffering to as the new p100 sensor kit. And as UM2 clone...

Hi

Sorry, it's the new pt100 temperature sensor...'E3D V6 PT100 Total Upgrade Kit' from E3D-online. I am trying to install an e3dv6 hot end on the UM2 clone i'm building, and the um2 mainboard gives me a 'TEMP SENSOR ERROR message when I power it up. The kit comes with an amplifier board which is supposed to be connected to a 'spare analog input pin' on the mainboard. I have no idea how to change the firmware to enable it, although I think I have coneected it to the right pin selected

The um2 clone is an aluminium extrusion version...it has the white mainboard plus ultiLCD

If you are using an official Ultimaker 2 main board you don't need the extra amplifier, just connect the pt100 sensor to the input pins. You might want to change the connector.

thanks...the instructions on the wiki above clearly state that you can't just plug it into the mainboard? The connector does fit the TEMP1 pin but I still get the same error message.

Also I can't upload the firmware for UM2 from Cura...but It will upload the UO firmware??

Geek. You don't explain what board you use. There's no way to help you without information.

It's the white UM2 mainboard bought from Aliexpress.com. It has the LCD ulticontroller too

Ahh. Well aliexpress china clones from the board are know to be unreliable so if you get troubles to upload a firmware...

Also. Any 2.1 board already has pt100 and it doesn't use the pt100 amplifier. E3D amplifier it's for Ultimaker boards 1.5.X or other boards without pt100.

Where should I buy a genuine board from then?

So, I plug the pt100 cable into the mainboard TEMP 1 input?

Yeah pt100 for hotend 1 goes in temp 1. Temp 3 it's for the bed.

It's true that Ultimaker should say to the users that there's a github with all the part numbers and that this numbers can be used to buy any part from a distributor... I wonder why this isn't explained clearly anywhere.

Edited by Guest

plugged in directly to TEMP 1...still getting error

do you have a link to this githut?

Google github ultimaker 2

https://github.com/Ultimaker/Ultimaker2

BOM manuals, step files, pdfs. Etc

Edit lol sorry I wrote githut, it github

Edited by Guest