New Colorfabb XT spoon and I have to change my default settings

ignatius

Posted · New Colorfabb XT spoon and I have to change my default settings

Hi All,

I have a situation here with a new Colorfabb XT white spoon that just arrived today.

The new spoon is a big one, a 2200g. That´s because I had a great experience with this filament and I decide to buy the big one!.

I use Cura and I have print profiles for different filaments and Nozzles, so I don´t have to configure it every time I change the filament.

Right now I am printing with XT white with the profile that was working great before.

But now, with the new spoon, it just doesn´t work. The settings for my UMO+ are:

Nozzle: 245°C

Bed: 65°C

Fan: on (100%)

Speed: 50mm/s

Now with those settings, the print delaminates itself after de second layer (when the fans are on). The first layer, without fans works just great, but then it´s a disaster. Now is printing with those settings:

Nozzle: 250°C

Bed: 65°C

Fan: off

Speed: 50mm/s

At the moment it looks good. Actually, meanwhile everything works fine, I don´t care wich settings should I use , but I am confused about.

Did someone had ever the same issue?.

Thanks!

Posted (edited) · New Colorfabb XT spoon and I have to change my default settings

I have been using nozzle 240 bed 70 fan about 40% 30 to 40mm/s and getting good layer bonding with white xt 750gram spool. Summer here at the moment too.

Edited by Guest

I don't use XT but you often read, that fan above 50% is not recommended because of layer adhesion. Seems you found that yourself already :)

Thanks for your reply @owen and @avogra,

I just found out, that for XT white with a 0.4 Nozzle, fans on at 100% just doesn´t work at all, but with a 0.8 Nozzle it work just great. At least for my UMO+