Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
ollycura

Cura starting first layer too high

*i've put this here it seems the most appropriate place if it needs to be moved please say*

I've recently built a custom delta printer running on the duet with associated firmware.

Originally i've been using slicer and this has been working well, i'd like to try Cura out as i hear nothing but good things about it, especially for dual nozzles. However i keep encountering the same problem. Whenever i print something the head starts far too high, i can't give an exact distance but enough so the filament doesn't even stick at all , this is on buildtak which on slicer usually sticks like glue. I can't see any glaring issues with z height etc so would appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Oliver

You are going to have to look at the first 20 or so gcodes to understand how your "normal" slicer does homing and gets ready for a print versus cura. Also I assume you are printing in "reprap" mode and not "ultigcode" mode. In reprap mode you can edit the beggining gcodes in cura (once you find the right gcodes to home your head and get into position properly).