Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
techielibrarian

Z leadscrew grease

It doesn't get particularly hot so any ordinary grease is fine.  There was a little green packet of grease.  This is for the Z screw only - not any other part of the printer.  You don't need any oil for parts with ball bearings which is the 2 vertical rods and the 2 rods that go through the head - oil can even make ball bearings have *more* friction.  The other 4 rods in the upper edges need occasional oil - any thin petroleum oil is fine.  Such as 3-in-one oil or sewing machine oil.

Edited by Guest

The Original grease is called Magnalube-G, Its a really good teflon grease. You can buy small amounts of it if you want to go with the original grease, Just google search it and find some close to you.

The Original grease is called Magnalube-G, Its a really good teflon grease. You can buy small amounts of it if you want to go with the original grease, Just google search it and find some close to you.

Hello everybody, this is Lazack.

I'm new in the forum and I'm the proud possessor of a UM2 Ext.

I bought it from a guy who forgot to send me the Magnalube grease.

The problem is that here in Italy they don't sell Magnalube.

I was thinking to buy this product:

http://www.amazon.it/Exustar-880086-Grasso-per-cuscinetti/dp/B000RW5IOO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1458054576&sr=8-1&keywords=Exustar+grasso

Do you think it may duly replace the original grease?

Thanks in advance for your help

Regards

Lazack

Hello everybody, this is Lazack.

I'm new in the forum and I'm the proud possessor of a UM2 Ext.

I bought it from a guy who forgot to send me the Magnalube grease.

The problem is that here in Italy they don't sell Magnalube.

I was thinking to buy this product:

http://www.amazon.it/Exustar-880086-Grasso-per-cuscinetti/dp/B000RW5IOO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1458054576&sr=8-1&keywords=Exustar+grasso

Do you think it may duly replace the original grease?

Thanks in advance for your help

Regards

Lazack

Yes you can use any good quality grease as long as its not 2 thick.

Hi guys,

I really thank you for your kind answers and for the help.

Hope tonlearn from you a lot of things.

I'll keep you informed about my progress and I read any posting with interest from you.

Hear you soon

Lazack