feeder move wrong direction (UM2)

finetech3d

Posted · feeder move wrong direction (UM2)

Hi all,

The feeder motor of my UM2 not spin well, first of all, it seems cannot move well, then it spins wrong direction when remove and insert material.

Following is the veido for your reference:

When remove material, motor spin clockwise, then I pushed insert material button, it spins anti clockwise.

This printer not connect with PC, we print file only via SD card, I am not sure if SD card affect the firmware or not.

Hi

If you have dismantled the feeder and reassembled it you have possibly put it back in such a way that the filament is inserted on the wrong side of the shaft.

Owen

Hi

If you have dismantled the feeder and reassembled it you have possibly put it back in such a way that the filament is inserted on the wrong side of the shaft.

Owen

Owen, thanks for your reply, yes I reassembled the feeder before, and I am sure it at correct direction, since it worked appropriate for quite long time, before the above problem happened.

I would like you to install the latest Ultimaker 2 firmware through Cura, just to be sure.

Then do a factory reset, if any values have been changed they are back to normal.

If both of these option have no solution, your motor is probably broken.

Thanks a lot, I installed the latest Ultimaker 2 firmware and did the factory reset, but the motor still not work well, if the motor broken, what should I do then? Should I fix the motor on my own?

You would be best off contacting your reseller, describing your situation and request a new motor. Good luck, and let us know how it goes!

Finally, I changed the feeder motor, and it works right now, thanks~

• Like 1