The start of a 1/10 scale Truck in ABS

rebekah_harper

Posted · The start of a 1/10 scale Truck in ABS

Hiya all,

Thought I'd share this build. Admittedly it's at the start of it but I'm doing this for the TCT show for my filament supplier.

It's a 1/10 scale Seddon Atkinson strato.

I've also found people are having problems with printing ABS on the UM2+ so I thought this would also be an opportunity to show it can be done along with using simplify3D

Due to the size of the truck I'm printing the cab in 10 different parts and glueing them together.

Here is the bottom front in progress

image.thumb.jpeg.a072c36f5decb2258a074dcdd2e29bd9.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.ea84f99873fc1880af810fd9414aa5f6.jpeg

It's also give an idea to people as to how S3D does its support.

More of my work is on my FB page Rc-truck-design if any one want to see more :-)

image.thumb.jpeg.a072c36f5decb2258a074dcdd2e29bd9.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.ea84f99873fc1880af810fd9414aa5f6.jpeg

Good luck with your project, sounds like you have a nice big project on your hands!

Any idea how many hours this is going to take, and the entire size your truck will be?

Good luck!

hiya

thank you.

the width is already around the 250mm so the front sits diagonal on the bed.

Length of the cab is about the same if you include the spoilers. (i've already built this in 1/14)

but the overall truck length is going to be around the 1000mm mark

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 21 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies