I had a similar thing happen. This is the result AFTER I cleaned up the bits at the nozzle.
It is cleanable, work slow, set the temperature to about 120C and start chipping away at it. when you get close to the metal, drop it down to 90 and you can peel the stuff off as a skin and leave a nice shiney finish.
The parts covering the wires will be more difficult and you'll have to be more gentle. Or as labern suggested use a hair dryer.
That's pretty bad but I have seen simular ones.
You can use a hair dryer or heat gun to soften the plastic and clear it out. If it's really bad and you have to change the heater block and can wait a short while. A new improved heater block is coming out with quite a few improvements on the old one.
Link to post
Share on other sites