Atomic method on UM2+ error

vince805

Posted · Atomic method on UM2+ error

Following these directions: https://ultimaker.com/en/resources/18781-atomic-method

When trying to heat the printer up to 260 it gives an error saying something about the temp sensor and i have to shut it off and back on again. I ended up doing it at 230 and it worked kind of but just wondering if this is just my machine doing this or if the temp is too high.

Posted · Atomic method on UM2+ error

Is the temp overshooting when you set it to 260? At what temp does it alarm?

Just check if any of the connections are loose and the temp sensor is fully inserted and not loose.

I only heat mine up to 230 or so when I do atomic pulls and it works just fine.

Posted (edited) · Atomic method on UM2+ error

Have you updated your firmware? On the first batch(es) of printers that went out the firmware used an incorrect PID profile for the new temperature sensor which might be what is causing the problem for you.

edit: Oh, and do a factory reset after the firmware update just to make sure the new settings take effect.

Edited by Guest