Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

Build Plate won't heat past 100 degrees

Right_There

Posted · Build Plate won't heat past 100 degrees

Hi! I have had my Ultimaker 2 for a very long time now about 2 years. It has been having a problem with heating the build plate for as long as I can remember. It refuses to go past 100 degrees. I can let it sit for an hour and it will make it up to the 97-98 ish range, but never go over. I set my buildplate temp to 185 to try and make it heat faster but it never seems to help. When printing I have had it blip up to 101 but that was for about an hour. I can never seem to get it high enough to print flat abs prints. Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks!

Posted · Build Plate won't heat past 100 degrees

To counter the same problem, I cover the glass with a thick cardboard cover, by the advice received on the very same question I asked once on this forum, in the good old times.