Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Harish

damaged Filament Jam at feeder

hi received my ulti 2+ two weeks back , found that the supplied filament was kind of corroded a bit at certain points throughout the spool. discovered this after i printed a little.

now the feeder motor seems to be jammed, the filament doesnt extrude neither does it respond when i try "move filament " or "insert Filament".

can hear the motor trying to rotate, butt here is no real rotation happening as the screw seems stationery.

tried to remove the bowden tube but that seems jammed too at the feeder's end

pls help !

wondering how ulti could ship out such filament.

regards/Harish

Hey @Harish,

If the filament doesn't move, you can unscrew the nozzle and see what's up with it. Heat up first (menu advanced settings -> maintenance -> heatup nozzle). If the filament pressure is not released, then you could disassemble the feeder at the back of the printer (don't forget to turn down the nozzle temperature).

In order to disassemble the feeder, unscrew the two screws on the left side and the back of the case from the motor cover

motor_cover.thumb.jpg.0d040c71be5b98956a3feb2ad66fc03a.jpg

Then hold the feeder motor and unscrew the four screws from the black feeder.

About the filament spool - you should contact the Ultimaker reseller in India and show them photos of the bad filament. I think they will replace it.

Hey @Harish,

If the filament doesn't move, you can unscrew the nozzle and see what's up with it. Heat up first (menu advanced settings -> maintenance -> heatup nozzle). If the filament pressure is not released, then you could disassemble the feeder at the back of the printer (don't forget to turn down the nozzle temperature).

In order to disassemble the feeder, unscrew the two screws on the left side and the back of the case from the motor cover

Then hold the feeder motor and unscrew the four screws from the black feeder.

About the filament spool - you should contact the Ultimaker reseller in India and show them photos of the bad filament. I think they will replace it.

He has a +....There is a lever on the feeder if you heat up the nozzle and lift up the lever you can pull the filament out very easily.

guys thanks for responding to my query , can u pls tell me a bit about the lever at the feeder.

unfortunately i couldnt find any content online about how to adjust it.

hope ur talking about this component (in the pic)ultimaker-2-plus-ultimaker-2-extended-plus-launched-CES-2016-3.jpg.f828cfa6e5893f9d7a551cc7c1ceee21.jpg

its clearly evident tht the motot is jammed, any its not allowing the filament to move in or out.

so,, does it mean tat theres no other way apart from dismantling this component and fixing it.

ya,nicolinux , m in touch with the dealer here who say they will be in touch in a couple of days.

posted this query as i couldnt wait

ultimaker-2-plus-ultimaker-2-extended-plus-launched-CES-2016-3.jpg.f828cfa6e5893f9d7a551cc7c1ceee21.jpg

http://support.3dverkstan.se/article/64-disassembly-of-the-ultimaker-2-plus-feeder

It's not to hard to just open it and see if something is wrong.

thanks a ton , ultiarjan... was able to dismantle and find the clogged filament between the rotors. cleared it . but now i have bumped into a new problem,

the screws jus dont seem to tighten (the 4 screws that hold the feeders casing). tried a lot , vain in the end. tried pushing the filament manually into the nozzle. the extrusion happens

pls help. hope m not taking too much of ur time

thanks again