70mm Spool Holder

rsghowellnj

Posted · 70mm Spool Holder

I have started to use a filament that comes on spools that the spool hole is 3/4" deeper. Therefore they will not fit on the standard spool holder that is delivered with the Ultimaker 2+. I was able to find a 70mm Spool Holder to print and it works perfectly but did not print so well. Fortunately I don't have to look at it because it is behind the printer. Does anyone know if Ultimaker makes other Spool Holders that are 70mm deep that can be purchased?

Yeah the new smaller spoolholder on the + is not the best for everything, f.e the carton "refill" spools don't really fit.

Maybe you can get a old (longer) spoolholder from the UM2 from someone (or your local supplier), otherwise just print something like this;

https://www.youmagine.com/designs/low-friction-um2-spoolholder

My brain wasn't quite firing on all cylinders there when I replied. I read 70mm like something completely different... Yeah, you can probably find a reseller that has one of the older, longer ones (where are you located?). Or if you ask Ultimaker directly real nice they might be able to help you out.

My brain wasn't quite firing on all cylinders there when I replied. I read 70mm like something completely different... Yeah, you can probably find a reseller that has one of the older, longer ones (where are you located?). Or if you ask Ultimaker directly real nice they might be able to help you out.

Robert,

I'm located in the USA. The resellers that I have asked told me to reach out to Ultimaker. Would you know of any resellers that would sell me this piece?

Robert,

I'm located in the USA.  The resellers that I have asked told me to reach out to Ultimaker.  Would you know of any resellers that would sell me this piece?

My reseller said he does not have a part number for such a piece so he couldn't order one if I wanted it. I sure wished I could find someone that would sell me this item.

Sorry, I don't know a particular reseller, I just figured if you mentioned where you were from someone else might.

The part number is 1158 according to my lists. Strange he wouldn't have access to the same lists as a reseller. But it could simply be that Ultimaker don't have any left as the long one was phased out. I can't remember the last time we ordered any as it isn't exactly a "hot" item.

But I dunno, like you said, the one you printed works and you don't even see it, so why bother? :)

Sorry, I don't know a particular reseller, I just figured if you mentioned where you were from someone else might.

The part number is 1158 according to my lists. Strange he wouldn't have access to the same lists as a reseller. But it could simply be that Ultimaker don't have any left as the long one was phased out. I can't remember the last time we ordered any as it isn't exactly a "hot" item.

But I dunno, like you said, the one you printed works and you don't even see it, so why bother? :)

Robert,

Thank you for the part number. That helps me allot!

Rich

Robert,

Thank you for the part number.  That helps me allot!

Rich

Ugh. The spool holder I made broke. It is way too fragile. Trying another author. I'm really hoping Ultimaker still stocks part # 1158. Does Ultimaker ever join this blog for comment?

Many um people are on this forum but for parts you need to ask um resellers. They stoped direct sales.

Many um people are on this forum but for parts you need to ask um resellers. They stoped direct sales.

Yes I was able to obtain from a reseller. Thanks