Wire print, Is that possible ?

Posted · Wire print, Is that possible ?

Hello !

I tryed to print an object with wire printing enable in cura 2.1. I checked all the "layers" with http://chilipeppr.com/tinyg and it looks "OK".

I have no idea what kind of setting choose for ultimaker white ABS....

I was pritting slowly (20mm/sec) at 255°C with a .4 mm nozzle. The bed adhesion was very low so I get nothing.

Did one of you achieve to print an object with wire printing?

please let me know :)

Posted · Wire print, Is that possible ?

What for bed adhesion did you use? It is possible also with ABS to print a single line wire object.

What was the temperature of your bed is it around 100 degrees?

Did you apply some glue? I usually use diluted wood glue (1:1 but most people use 5 water:1 glue). Or make a very thin abs layer by putting some acetone and spread it with a abs printed object.

Posted (edited) · Wire print, Is that possible ?

I used a glue stick for bed adhesion. My print bed was, ofc, 100 °C. I forgot to mention it. ^^'

Can you post some of your wire print if possible ? I would like to know if it's worst it to loose time trying printing it because it is not that important in my project.

My goal is to print a liver with maybe a tumor inside. With wire printing, the surgeon will see where is the tumor but this is not the real purpose of the project, this is just a "plus".

I'll buy some acetone tomorrow. Is that easier with PLA ?

edit : the fan was off... It might affect a lot this kind of print

Edited by Guest

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 20 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies