Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
RonanB

Wire print, Is that possible ?

Hello !

I tryed to print an object with wire printing enable in cura 2.1. I checked all the "layers" with http://chilipeppr.com/tinyg and it looks "OK".

I have no idea what kind of setting choose for ultimaker white ABS....

I was pritting slowly (20mm/sec) at 255°C with a .4 mm nozzle. The bed adhesion was very low so I get nothing.

Did one of you achieve to print an object with wire printing?

please let me know :)

What for bed adhesion did you use? It is possible also with ABS to print a single line wire object.

What was the temperature of your bed is it around 100 degrees?

Did you apply some glue? I usually use diluted wood glue (1:1 but most people use 5 water:1 glue). Or make a very thin abs layer by putting some acetone and spread it with a abs printed object.

I used a glue stick for bed adhesion. My print bed was, ofc, 100 °C. I forgot to mention it. ^^'

Can you post some of your wire print if possible ? I would like to know if it's worst it to loose time trying printing it because it is not that important in my project.

My goal is to print a liver with maybe a tumor inside. With wire printing, the surgeon will see where is the tumor but this is not the real purpose of the project, this is just a "plus".

I'll buy some acetone tomorrow. Is that easier with PLA ?

edit : the fan was off... It might affect a lot this kind of print

Edited by Guest