Rant - After-sale service sucks

Posted · Rant - After-sale service sucks

Hi, sorry if this is a re-post.

I can't seem to get Ultimaker to reply to any of my msgs. So, if anyone knows how to get in contact with them other than calling them? I live in RSA, so don't want to call abroad.

I bought the Ultimaker 2+ about a month ago.

The first problem I had was that the printer came with a blocked nozzle.

Second problem, I bought the printer through the only resellers in RSA, where money was added towards the total for printer for training. I have not had the training nor have I heard anything from them and when I complained today they told me I can have the training end of next month! They are useless when it comes to communication as they basically only respond when you want to buy something otherwise you will need to wait about a month for a reply.

So, naturally I don't want to deal with them as I was told that I would be getting the support from Ultimaker themselves.

Third problem, the feeder didn't feed the filament all the way and just ate through the filament.

So, I then sent them a msg on FB so I could see if they received my msg (they did). That was last week and I have not heard a word from them. I have since fixed the problem myself after struggling for 2 days. Their were 2 loose nuts on the back of the filament feeder's housing, which I then glued back into place.

Now today, I changed my nozzles around and the heater cartridge won't work. I had this problem yesterday and had to simply unscrew it and put it back and it worked. Today is not so lucky.

Sorry for the rant. Just want Ultimaker to reply in a timely manner. I mean I have spent a lot of money on this and I think it is a good buy, the printer prints amazing stuff when it wants to.

I think Ultimaker is trying to get its resellers to do support but if not I think you should be able to get results from them directly. Have you considered using "skype out"? It's 2 cents per minute for a phone call. Ultimaker has pretty good people on phone support and typically they answer right away (during normal work hours in Netherlands time zone).

Anyway, you may get better support on this forum anyway so try that also!

I'll point this thread out to Sander VG.

• Like 1

Thank you for your post. Lets see to it that you get the help you need so you can happily start your 3D printing adventure :)

It is not completely clear to me from reading your post who you have been talking to.

Have you already contacted Ultimaker, or only your reseller?

Could you let me know where you bought your Ultimaker 2+ and when?

Have you also been in touch with our own customer support department?

If so, feel free to send me the details in a DM. I'll make sure someone will get back with you.

Thank you for your time and patience. Our apologies that you have not yet received the service you desire. Lets make sure you will :)

Hi. Sorry for taking so long to reply. I have been busy the last few days. Printer has been sorted out. The heater cartridge's cable was broken.

And yes Gr5, the re-sellers are now the supporters. And I forgot about the Skype option. :) (Don't always think clearly when I'm angry)

SandervG - I had contacted Ultimaker through FB, because then I could see if they read my msg (they read it almost instantly). That was with my filament feeder problem. I didn't get a response till I emailed Ultimaker about a week later (about the same time I posted this thread) and then sent the same email through FB. I then also sent a msg from the re-sellers that I bought it from.

Got replies from everyone the next day.

I saw from the website (was looking for online active chat) that my support was the re-sellers and did not want to initially communicate with them. Their communication was terrible. The owner also called me the next day and apologized and we sorted everything out. So all is good. They even paid for overnight shipping to have the printer collected and returned on Friday morning.