Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Natan3d

Problem with retraction

Hello everybody my name is Natan and I'm having troubles with my UM2.

Since I bought it I can't have clean prints without the stringin.

I try printing in low temperatures and high speeds but I can't solve it.

Every time that I put more than 1 model it stringing everywhere.

I can see that the material is been extruded when the hotend is traveling without printing.

I show you a pic.

Please if anyone has the same problem and you solve it or any help will be welcome!!

Thanks!!

image.thumb.png.1a463b5bf43bbc439caecc855cf5da7a.png

image.thumb.png.1a463b5bf43bbc439caecc855cf5da7a.png

White PLA is especially bad at stringing. Can you maybe try a different material?

Printing cooler is great but printing slower helps also (and travel speed fast). These strings look very thin and probably are easy to remove.

I guess you already did this, but just to make sure: could you verify in Cura that the checkbox "Enable retraction" is checked indeed? Then verify in Cura, in Layer view, that extraction is active (=small dark blue vertikal lines). It could have been disabled accidentally, or on purpose to try something, but that you have forgotten to enable it again?

Geert