Temperature setting gcode section vs. Cura Gui field

cropduster

Posted · Temperature setting gcode section vs. Cura Gui field

Hi,

this is probably a newbie question, but anyhow:

I have my temperature setting in Cura to 210 deg, this shows up in the ini file. In the gcode strat script the 220 deg are hardcoded with the line M104 S220.

I always thought that would only apply to the hetaing up, but I am not so sure. Does Cura then take the 210 deg for printing or the value in the gcode section?

If the latter, do I need to change to M104 S(print_temperature]? Or what would be the correct notation?

Thank a lot,

Michael

I'm guessing you have the UMO. For UM2 typically Cura doesn't send any temperature reading to the printer and you set that up on the printer itself.

For both printers the temperature will be whatever happens most recently. So if you set the temp to value A and then tell it to PRINT it will read through the gcodes in order. When it gets to one like M104 it will switch to value B. If later you change the temp on the controller to temperature C it will then move to that value. If later a M104 shows up as the printer is reading the gcode line by line and it says temperature D then that takes precedence.

Whatever command (gcode or front panel) that is most recent is what the printer does.

Cura puts in the temp you specify in the gui (but again not for UM2 printers which use ultigcode which is a fancy way of saying the temperature is not mentioned).

Hi,

I actually have a BeeThefirst+ printer (with gcode flavor set to RepRap (Marlin/Sprinter) and that's the gcode start script:

--

M300

G28

M206 X500

M107

M104 S220

G92 E

M642 W1

M130 T6 U1.3 V80

G1 X-98.0 Y-20.0 Z5.0 F3000

G1 Y-68.0 Z0.3

G1 X-98.0 Y0.0 F500 E20

G92 E

--

I export gcode and then print the gcode in the beesoft application that come with the printer.

I am fairly new to printing and now I am not sure if I should edit the line M104 S220 each time I want to change the temperature to a different value or if I enter the variable M104 S(print_temperature) which is in the .ini file and corresponds to the value in the gui.

Cheers,

Michael

I actually trie dit out and replace the S220 by M104 S{print_temperature}, and the gcode file then shows whatever value I had in the GUI.

The M104 S entry only comes twice in the gcode file, in the startup script and the end script, no changes during printing.

I didn't realize you wanted to use the {} feature. When you are in cura, do "file save profile..." and then open the resulting ini file in a text editor. Every parameter in there should be insertable into the start gcode if you want using the {} feature with the names basically matching the names in the ini file.

I didn't realize you wanted to use the {} feature.  When you are in cura, do "file save profile..." and then open the resulting ini file in a text editor.  Every parameter in there should be insertable into the start gcode if you want using the {} feature with the names basically matching the names in the ini file.

I just installed Cura 2.1.2 and tried to set it up to work withe the (currently unsupported) BeeTheFirst+ printer.

I realized that the whole Gcode stuff changed and the { } brackets do not work anymore, but Cura now adds izs own temperature lines in front of the user defined start gcode script.

Michael