What can possibly cause this printing error/behavior on UM2?

Posted · What can possibly cause this printing error/behavior on UM2?

Hello,

I am happy with one design. Threrefore, i left the office last friday with the same printing job on both my UM2 and my UM2+

Both printers use the same filament from colorfabbb (pla standard white)

The job is merely the same piece that takes about 2~3h to print alone. I just repeated the same piece 3 times horitontally and 5 times vertically => in order to produce a STL file that will take the weekend to print.

the printing job in cura

deleteme.png

the job on UM2+ is perfect. here is what i found this morning

deleteme.png

However, I have a failed print in the UM2 :(

deleteme.png

What puzzles me is the behavior : It seems that something hard prevented/blocked the movement on the X axis

A. at about the end of the first "level", about 2~3 mm to the right (on X axis specifically and nothing on Y axis)

then level 2 is fine, then level 3 is fine too

B. then right in the middle of the 4th "level" there is a brutal shift on the X, about 2~3 cm to the left

C. then again another brutal move on X to the left, maybe 4 cm !

the whole print happened during the weekend. i have no video recording of the printing job.

Both printers use the very same power source (each machine has its own original power supply unit of course). I dont know whether or not it's off topic, so i'll mention it anyway : they are both electrincally connected to a device that provides power for about 10min in case of a temporary electric breakdown (don't the name of that electric device).

What may have happened ? Should I inspect the machine ? Should I make maintenance action ?

What's wrong ?

thanks for your ideas :)

fourchette