Sign in to follow this  
kelvinmost

which 3D printer set up? UK based user

Posted · which 3D printer set up? UK based user

Hello, I am new to the subject, would like to but the printer for making rapid prototyping and initial tests of concept, 10x10x10 cm probably the biggest size I will ever need. Please recommend machine / accessories / material, I need good strength and maximum of accuracy, I am based in Glasgow, UK. Thank you

Maximum accuracy? ZCorp is willing to sell you that, for 50k as start price I guess.

As for Ultimakers, there is only 1 model of our machine. So little to choose from.

Thank you for replying.

I did not realise that ultimaker make only one model,that makes choice simpler if I decide to buy! I need to make housings (enclosures) for devises which are used in outdoor sports application, it looks as ultimaker can help with rapid prototyping and may be with one off custom products.

Is here someone can print me a sample to look at if I provide a file? I am prepared to pay, heaving the part in hands will help to make a decision on purchasing.

I have to ask it..

why does being in Glasgow affect any of the answers?

I am hoping someone with ultimake is in my aria

I have to ask it..

why does being in Glasgow affect any of the answers?

Extreme shipping costs for the machine and any future parts, upgrades, or supplies. Shipping costs from the Netherlands, are horrible if you don't live there. In my case, I've spent about $600 total in shipping. I could have bought another brand printer kit for that.